Certificate in Business Excellence
The Certificate in Business Excellence is comprised of five essential business topics critical to successful management that promote continuous growth and innovation for individuals and organizations. The program schedule and location are designed for the busy professional in and around the Washington DC metro area. Sessions are held on Fridays over an 8-week period for conscientious scheduling of work responsibilities and the opportunity to apply learned skills and knowledge between sessions.
Sessions can be taken individually or in culmination toward an earned certificate. Completion of all five sessions is required to earn the certificate.
See what the Certificate in Business Management alumni have to say about their experience.
Phone: 757-221-2291 | Email: email@example.com
Dates and Times:
Session 1: September 21, 2018
Session 2: October 5, 2018
Session 3: October 19, 2018
Session 4: November 2, 2018
Session 5: November 16, 2018
Each session will be held from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm ET.
ICPH Conference Center, 3225 Gallows Road, Fairfax, VA 22031
$3750* – all five sessions, certificate awarded
$850* – individual sessions, no certificate awarded
*Preferred pricing available if 3 or more register from same organization.
Price includes: course materials, lunch, beverages, snacks, and parking, CEUs available on request.
September 10, 2018 – deadline for five-session certificate program
Registration deadlines for individual sessions are below.
Date and Time: September 21, 2018, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Registration Deadline: September 10, 2018
Effective communication is a critical component of being a successful leader. It requires the ability to convey a message in a way that takes root with the audience. Great leaders understand that effective communication requires practice and cultivation.
Discover key components of:
- Establishing credibility and executive presence
- Communicating effectively both verbally and nonverbally
- Writing professionally
- Leading in the cross-generational workplace
Associate Dean, MBA & Executive Programs, Communication
For over 20 years, Dr. White has helped numerous Fortune 500 companies and professionals improve their tactical and strategic communication skills. Prior to working in higher education he was an award-winning sports anchor.
Date and Time: October 5, 2018, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Registration Deadline: September 24, 2018
An organization’s financial statements and reports tell a story that is critical to making sound business decisions and implementing business strategy. As a leader you must become familiar with the concepts and language of accounting so that you can understand the story and how it impacts the decisions you make.
- to identify, read and understand basic financial statements
- the concept of financial trends and the implications of these trends in making business decisions
- some key financial ratios and how they can help you monitor business performance
- the concepts of budgeting and financial forecasting and how these tools are useful in making business decisions
Chief Financial Officer, Raymond A. Mason School of Business
With more than thirty years of financial management experience, Rucker has managed high performance teams within both domestic and global businesses and businesses of over $100 million in revenue. She has provided leadership in business growth through both internal initiatives and acquisitions.
Date and Time: October 19, 2018, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Registration Deadline: October 8, 2018
Understanding the strengths and capabilities of this growing field is critical to your business strategy and long-term success. This session provides an overview of the major data analytics topics in descriptive, prescriptive and predictive analytics for decision making. Learn which statistical tools and software are most popular and the techniques available for optimal results.
Whether you’re new to business analytics or standing up your first data management center, this program will give you the tools you need to build the right team and culture for a successful strategy.
- how high performing companies use analytics to establish their goals and objectives
- the components of a data strategy and steps to develop one
- how to communicate data findings through storytelling and graphics
- how to invest in technology, develop your team, and build the right culture
Associate Professor, Operations and Information Technology
Dr. Tremblay’s research is focused on data analytics and technology adoption and sustainability in the healthcare context. She formerly served as the department chair of the Information Systems and Business Analytics Department at Florida International University School of Business. She has been the investigator on several federal, state and private grants in the area of Health Information. Prior to her academic career Dr.Tremblay worked as a systems analyst at Exxon Mobil.
Date and Time: November 2, 2018, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Registration Deadline: October 22, 2018
It’s the most popular word in the business community – but what does strategy really mean? This session will provide an overview of the fundamental concepts of strategic management and how to execute these key elements effectively in your organization. Learn how to align strategy with corporate goals and better identify strategic issues and competitive landscape facing your organization. Come with your current strategy or a clean slate to build one of your own!
- how strategy will help improve performance
- what makes up an effective mission statement
- key models for general environmental & industry analysis
- what competitive advantage is/how it is created and maintained
Associate Professor of Strategic Management and International Business
In addition to teaching Professor Allred’s research interests include global competitive strategy and organization structure, the impact of national context on firm strategic focus and performance, and the management of technology and innovation.
Registration Deadline: November 5, 2018
Leadership means different things to different people and often gets associated with higher positions in the organization. But leadership can happen right where you are. This session will provide you with an overview of powerful principles that can be applied to any role, and across any organization or industry. Building strong relationships, communicating the vision, and having the courage to lead in times of uncertainty are all hallmarks of true and effective leadership.
- the current business landscape and how to lead in a changing world
- characteristics of high performing companies
- why leadership matters and the importance of a strategy
Clinical Lecturer, Leadership and Marketing
Professor Williams brings valuable executive leadership experience to the classroom from his years as VP of Marketing and Communication with Dupont, VP of Public Affairs for SanDiego Gas and Electric, and SVP of Marketing for Sharp Healthcare in SanDiego.
The Certificate in Business Excellence provides an overview of key topics required to enhance business competencies and successfully tackle business challenges. By completing this program you will:
- Gain new credentials to enhance your career potential
- Increase your business skills and techniques and begin using them immediately in your organization
- Have a stronger understanding of best practices for cross-functional development and business operations
- Expand your professional network by strengthening your personal brand
- Increase your confidence as a leader in today’s business environment
- Professionals interested in obtaining a credential from the second oldest college in the nation and one of only eight “Public Ivy” institutions in the nation
- High potentials who are seeking a stronger foundation in current business theory and practice
- Leaders who want to expand their knowledge in different functional areas
- Technical professionals making the transition into management positions
- Entrepreneurs who are seeking to develop their knowledge and understanding of business operations